Friday November 13, 2015
The energy level is high here at campaign HQ as supporters, contributors, and volunteers are pouring in, and the effort to get Houston back to basics has shifted into high gear. Our Open Letter to City Pensioners and Employees made a big impression in the public conversation, pushing back against a campaign of misinformation waged by entrenched special interests.
- We welcomed the endorsement of this group of prominent Latino business leaders who recognize the need for a mayor with business experience.
- Other clutch endorsements this week: Associated Builders and Contractors and the Houston Association of REALTORs. We also got some financial support from the Associated General Contractors of Houston.
- These cadets preparing to serve their country were among the guests at Houston Baptist University's Southwest 2000 conference.
- Honoring those who served: this Veteran's Day marked the 98th anniversary of the armistice that ended the Great War, in which 116,708 American service members lost their lives. Bill spent the day with service members at the American Legion Post 472.
- Bill is exposing the lawyers and bankers who are willing to bankrupt the City in order to keep making a buck.
This Saturday, Bill is scheduled to block walk through his home neighborhood of Clear Lake to remind voters about the high stakes in the upcoming runoff election. On Sunday, Bill will visit the Meyerland community's "Afternoon in the Park."
We need your help contacting voters and spreading he word about Bill King. Sign up to volunteer today!